Sprite animation problem

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Hi.

I've got a problem with the animator.

I've set an IDLE and WALKING animation and at the start the sprite is stood still as it should be. However when I then run left or right and let go of the key instead of just standing still again, it looks like it's flipping through a few of the animations. So it'll show the stood still image then a couple of random running images. If I have only one frame for both standing and running, when I let go of the keys it flips between the two images.

Hard to explain but I hope you understand me

I've set the sprite up as a PLATFORM behaviour.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Post your .cap file, because I don't understand your problem sir

• lol ye, I did say it was hard to explain. Here's the link to the cap.

There's nothing much in it apart from the sprite and one platform, I'm just learning things as I go.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/1396263afe_0.04MB

When you run it you'll notice he's "jerking" when he's supposed to be stood still. This is the sprite flipping through some animation images instead of just the IDLE image. Strangly sometimes he does stand still but not often. I just don't get it.

• When you run it you'll notice he's "jerking" when he's supposed to be stood still. This is the sprite flipping through some animation images instead of just the IDLE image. Strangly sometimes he does stand still but not often. I just don't get it.

Your hotspot needs to be consistent. Put it in the bottom middle for each frame of every animation for example.

And don't use empty animation frames anywhere, since there are no pixels it cant collide with anything.

Also why didn't you remove the white background from the character?

• Thanks for the help. I'll check out the hotspots.

As for the background, I had planned to do that but not done it yet, I was just testing things out. Would that cause the issue? I'll do it today anyway and see if it helps.

Thanks again.

WORKED PERFECTLY! Once I'd set the hotspot the same on all images it works spot on now. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)