[solved]Smooth Scrolling

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • How to do it? Currently I'm trying to create a set of events that makes the camera pan mildly to the direction my character is facing, up if look up is held, pan a little to the right if move right is held, etc; and while I got that to work, its "snapping" immediately to the scroll location instead of smoothly moving there, making the controls feel super choppy.

I find the "centered view" on the main character very dull and lifeless and want to spice it up just a tiny bit with this method, any help is greatly appreciated.

CAP file: Help me scroll better please

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm missing the SpriteFont plugin so I can't open it, but a good way to make it smoother is to move it in the direction a small number of pixels (maybe 1?) every X (100?) milliseconds until it is a certain distance from the player.

• You might want to take a look at my MagiCam plugin; it features pretty much exactly what you're wanting, and it comes with examples demonstrating a similar effect.

MagiCam Plugin

I hope you find this of use!

• Thanks guys! I'll try both of those suggestions out. I love how helpful this community is, appreciate it.

-Edit-

Trying "every 100 miliseconds, if look up is held down, then scroll to lerp(Mainchar.Y,Mainchar.Y-75,0.05) - doesn't work.

The MagiCam plugin is AMAZING. Thanks so much for sharing that. I saw the plug-in before, but I always assumed it was something to do with webcams lol.

• Trying "every 100 miliseconds, if look up is held down, then scroll to lerp(Mainchar.Y,Mainchar.Y-75,0.05) - doesn't work.

Use

Always: Scroll to Lerp(ScrollY, Mainchar.Y, 0.05)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)