Scaling textures for/with shaders.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hi everyone,

I've done some shaders these days and right now i'd like to improve my blurring techniques... in order to create a bloom shader, I need a huge kernel (and a bunch of pixel weights) to get a satisfying result; but it's too expansive. Moreover, i'd like to reduce the number of instructions i use for my gaussian blur shader and get a better result (right now 7 samples). To do so, i need to scale down my textures, backgrounds or so. Is there a way to do that in hlsl please ? In construct ?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, should I release my effects to the community ? I'm creating a bunch of shaders that can be use with construct's events for cinematics (desaturate, blur with controllable range, color shift depending on world position, and all that kind of stuff).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...blur with controllable range...

You'd make a bunch of people happy if you released that one. People have been wanting that for quite a while.

• Ok, i'll give it right away.

EDIT : done. That's strange that nobody already did this. You only need a float value from construct, which is explained in the wiki.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)