Reverse particles direction

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • For some reason, setting particle speed to negative still lets them move outwards just not as fast. (bug?) Is there a way I can make them go backwards to where they spawned? I know I'd have to set angle changes to 0 to get them back to the exact point, but is there any way to reverse their direction? If not, I'll put in a request for negative speed to work this way or something. Thanks for your time.

• Hrmmm, you can change the gravity angle of the particles. Using that and the gravity setting for it you can have the particles shoot out and then fall back to where they spawned.

• There was some guy in chat that said he knew how to do it, but he refused to tell why.

Claimed he didn't want someone to steal from him. Guess your sool.

• There was some guy in chat that said he knew how to do it, but he refused to tell why.

Claimed he didn't want someone to steal from him. Guess your sool.

lmao

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, that's totally helpful and not a personal attack at all. This is the help forum. If you want to make stupid jokes, do it in the Joke Thread in the Open Topic Forum.

• Agreed with Wolf. Leave the personal business out of Help/Tech. Either offer help or GTFO.

• With the particle object you can't change the motion of the individual particles after they are spawned. So you can't make the particles reverse their motion. But as a solution you can make your own custom particle spray using sprites. This gives full control over the particles so motion can be reversed easily. The only drawback is that using sprites requires you to reinvent the wheel to get most of the features that the particle object has.

Here's an example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples/customParticle.cap

made with 0.99.84.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)