resize light?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hi, how can i resize a light via the event editor? i have not seen any option about set width or height different than sprites or others.

PD: it is intedded to make a light flick..

• oh... add the sine behavior to your light and select opacity

play around with the value et voila

• Yes changing opacity makes a nice effect, but i wanted to make like an upgrade of a torch, with each upgrade the light musb upgrade its range, so i know how to use variables an values just that i cant resize,.. is there a method?

• The light object don't seem to have a height/weight modifier

That's weird...well... you could use a sprite instead of the light object...

if you give me the cap, i could look closer to your problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well i have not saved it, i just was testing, but about the sprite, to simulate the light effect i just have to add the same pic to a sprite and add the shadow caster behaviour?

• Light object can do things Sprite can't. If I remember correctly, Sprite doesn't work with Shadow Caster.

• Yes i do it!, but there is another problem, i made a variable system to change dimensions of the ligth, that when a private value is 1 it will set a random dimension ant will turn the value to 0, and when the value is 0 it will turn it into 1 every 100 millisecond but the loop is not working, Where can i upload the .cap? maybe mediafire or this page has storage?.

• yeah, mediafire works

but... i suggest you to use dropbox...its faster and free.

• Light object can do things Sprite can't. If I remember correctly, Sprite doesn't work with Shadow Caster.

I thought the light object was the source, and a sprite must have the shadow caster behavior to create shadows

• > Light object can do things Sprite can't. If I remember correctly, Sprite doesn't work with Shadow Caster.

>

I thought the light object was the source, and a sprite must have the shadow caster behavior to create shadows

This thread about the same thing was created recently:

• >

> > Light object can do things Sprite can't. If I remember correctly, Sprite doesn't work with Shadow Caster.

> >

>

> I thought the light object was the source, and a sprite must have the shadow caster behavior to create shadows

>

This thread about the same thing was created recently:

Yeah, I had suggested the same solution to that problem as well.

Here is a cap I made to show how to use a sprite to graphically represent a light object: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4714446/LightWithASprite.cap

As shown, the resizing of the light requires recalculation of shadow depth each tick. To support multiple/dynamic lights, you can use a circular sprite that further surrounds the each light to check for collisions. If an object is in that circle, then it recieves its shadow from that light (this does create a limit of one light acting on an object at a given time, but should be able to be counteracted by using fake "baked" shadowmaps and lighting for static map objects).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)