How "Start Ignoring Input" works?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hi, I'm trying to ignore the user input when an enemy hit the player for 200 mili seconds, but Start Ignoring Input (and Stop ignoring) doesn't work properly, because it ignores just Shift (jump in platform behavior), and arrows, but not the others keys I have ( X, Z, etc.), even if I have that keys in the Controls property of the game.

Is there a way to ignore the whole control ??

Thanks,

Carlos.

• It just ignores all of the selected objects behavior controls. So you can't move your object while you do it's on. :3c

If you want all other keys you've made to be ignored, it would require some variable work. Heres it in Pseudocode.

If (Z is pushed & Global('controls') < 1) {

Do stuff.

}

If you pushed Z while the Global('controls') variable is equal to 0, it will do whatever is bound to it. If it is equal to 1, it will ignore the button because it doesn't meet all the requirements.

Hope I've helped.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've thought about the variable thing but I thought it would be a better way to do it and Start ignoring input was like the salvation, but no.

I'll do the variable thing =/

Thanks!!,

Carlos.

EDIT: It doesn't ignores the Controls that I've added in the Control properties, is it working well anyway ?

• EDIT: It doesn't ignores the Controls that I've added in the Control properties, is it working well anyway ?

It only ignores the default input for the Platform behavior. Any other controls you make won't be ignored.

If you want to ignore your custom controls, try putting all of your control events into a group, then disable the group at the same time you start ignoring the input.

• Ok, thank you for your help.

Carlos.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)