Some questions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I'm starting a game project that is going to be somewhat similar to "I wanna be the guy",only with a bit more features and more in depth.

Now I'm familiar with programming in basic and c++ but I am not familiar with this program.

I want there to be four objects, a spike facing right, left, up, and down. I want them to react so that when I step under the down spike it falls, above the up spike it rises, etc, etc. How would I go about doing this so that if I were to copy and paste four of the same type of spike, they wouldn't ALL move at the same time when I step in the zone of one of them.

I have one more very simple question and that is how can I get rid of the built in horizontal acceleration in the platform behavior. I want to move a set speed right when I press left or right and stop RIGHT when I let go.

Please if you have a solution or advice, let me know.

Thanks!

• 1. Use system event - for each object, then pick the spikes.

2. You can set acceleration/deceleration very high or set them to 0 and using some actions to control them.

-add new action(player) - Platform - Movement - set x/y component motion.

or you can use custom movement behavior.

• Thanks for the help, I figured out my own way to use custom left and right movement.

Now To get simple spikes working

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • About the spikes... Koronello, did you try "if player X = spikes X -> spikes fall down" type of actions? I don't know about multiple instances, but in theory, it should work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)