Physics objects stop following after wrap!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • I posted a problem that might not be able to be solved earlier, so I took another alternative I thought would work. Here�s the problem:

I decided to go for the wrap effect in order to simulate an enless space... problem is... enemy objects in my game all have physics behaviour. After the player wraps, enemies stop following it.

Is there a way to simulate it so the enemies follow the player through the wrap?

• I posted a problem that might not be able to be solved earlier, so I took another alternative I thought would work. Here?s the problem:

I decided to go for the wrap effect in order to simulate an enless space... problem is... enemy objects in my game all have physics behaviour. After the player wraps, enemies stop following it.

Is there a way to simulate it so the enemies follow the player through the wrap?

Maybe have a state "FollowingPlayer" that keeps them going in the same direction when they don't see the player anymore and the player just warped. Then when they get through the warp and see the player again set the state back to "Normal".

Otherwise I'd recomend creating an invisible object where the player warps from, that attracts the enemies to it. Then you can just destroy it after it has been on the map for a certain amount of time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe the portal maths could be usefull^^ David made a good example .cap

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)