Physics behaviour in Python ScriptEditor(Construct r1.2)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi,

I'm new to Construct and using Construct r1.2.

I have 2 instances of Wheel object with Physics behaviour and 1 instance of Body object with Physics too, and here is what i want to do:

1- I want to change the torque of one wheel from a Python script.

2- I want to create a hinge between a wheel and the body from a Python script too.

In the script editor only "Wheel" is detected. I found on the Wiki that i should write ObjectnameBehaviourname. What should i write to access the Physics behaviour or any other behaviour in general?

Note: using the UI of the event sheet it works fine for me but i want to use Python scripting

EDIT:

i found this tool that gives the correct syntax http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6158&start=0&hilit=pyshell

it is very useful!

So i have to write: WheelPhysics[index].HingeToObject(...)

But i wonder, why the scripteditor does not detect such syntax?? does it need a fix?

• But i wonder, why the scripteditor does not detect such syntax?? does it need a fix?

Yes, a fix is definitely needed. Python integration has gotten a lot better in the last few releases pretty much all due to ROJOhound, but yes it could be better.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree the script editor could use some improvement in that area. Ideally the editor should show everything that is available at runtime. This will be attention eventually, but there's a few other issues that merit a higher priority at this time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)