Performance Question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hey Guys,

im new here! My name is Sven and i like walking in the Park while its raining...

Seriously, im new to construct and i must say its just great and u guys rock!

I used MMF2 before and was so p**** that i cant create a platformer with descent scrolling without having to count the FPS with my Fingers So i moved, and i dont regret it!

Thats what i wanted to say.

Im working on an 2d-Platformer and my 1. Level gets bigger and bigger (15.000x3.500). And down goes the FPS. So what i want to know is:

1. Is better for performance to use a TiledBackground instead of filling the field with Sprites?!?

2. Does it save performance to not serialize the Objects in my Layout?!?

I dont want to save ingame, just level-wise.

3. Is it usual to make Levels 15.000 x 3.500 in size?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Is better for performance to use a TiledBackground instead of filling the field with Sprites?!?

Never have a grid of sprites! It's very slow. You should use a Tiled Background with a texture that is a power-of-two size (e.g. 32x32, 64x64, 128x128...). Tiled backgrounds at that size can draw as efficiently as a single sprite, no matter how big they are!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, i've done that. The size of the Textures are 100x100.Still no improvement, though.

Ill try to search what the problem is... Maybe i used to much Events or wrote a code of doom

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)