Make PARTICLES bounce off walls etc.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hi, I've got a thruster game thingy which I'm creating. I've got the particles working with the ship as the smoke from the engine but atm the particles just go through the floor and walls and I can't find an option to makes them react to objects. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about it.

Thanks for your time.

JB

While I'm here. Is there a way to check how much speed the sprite has in downward movement? I mean, if I don't thrust up, then gravity kicks in and the sprite starts to drop. So, how would I check what value the gravity is at when it touches the floor? I need to check it so that I can tell whether the ship hit the floor to hard. If they manage to gently land then don't kill 'em, too much downward motion and KABOOM!

Thanks again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm pretty sure that you can't have collisions on particles. You'd have to make your own custom particle emitter with sprites or some object that supports collisions, but that would be terribly cpu intensive.

[quote:3eq1azei]Is there a way to check how much speed the sprite has in downward movement?

If you're using physics behavior, you can use the expression 'Get velocity Y component', which will look like Sprite[Physics].VelocityY in the event sheet. Just use the System Evaluate condition to compare it with your thresholds, and make sure to use Else for each separate range check.

• Thanks for that, appreciate it.

I've had a word with Minor on here and he has a method of creating rocket smoke that bounces off sprites using ... sprites. Very clever way of doing it. I can't share the cap as it's not my work but if you ask him nice he might let you have a peek.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)