Particles.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hello everyone.

I have a technical question about the particle object. If a particle object is not producing particles(i.e. a rate of 0), does it have any performance footprint?

I can see thanks to the lovely debug, that when set to "one shot" the particle instance is removed after it's done it's dash. I've made a little fire effect, that peters outs, however the fire particle object instance stays.

I have set up a private variable that will destroy it, but it looks bad if i pause using the time scale, as the PV continues to build and will destroy the object mid pause. While it works, it looks bad, so any help would be awesome.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you pause by setting time delta to 0, then objects wont move and the particle object will stop spawning particles.

I imagine you might be writing:

Set life to life - 1

instead, replace 1 with timedelta*60

That way, pausing will work, and if you decide to add slow motion into your game, you wont need to worry about particles being destroyed too fast

• Wow, nice

I have it all working nicely now thank you. There is a drastic time difference between TimeDelta and Ticks hey?

I assume TimeDelta*60=1 second?

• Wow, nice

I have it all working nicely now thank you. There is a drastic time difference between TimeDelta and Ticks hey?

I assume TimeDelta*60=1 second?

If your frame rate is 60 then yes

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)