Is there an object limit? [FIXED]

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi. I was making a composition game, and its working perfectly and guess what? There is a problem.

It is a very detailed game so there are more than 100 objects. So basically my question is: Is there a limit to put objects on an application?

I have over 100 objects in the application. So when I try to add a new sprite, it deletes one of the previous sprites I added and adds this new one.

I don't see what's causing this. Please help me because I'm making a really great game.

Thanks in advance.

• I believe the free version has a 100 object limit.

• I believe the free version has a 100 object limit.

I'm using Construct Classic.

• There is no object limit, what you are expiriencing is a bug (did you copy objects from another cap?)

I made a utility to fix caps that do that, I will find a link to it tommarow and post it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no object limit, what you are expiriencing is a bug (did you copy objects from another cap?)

I made a utility to fix caps that do that, I will find a link to it tommarow and post it.

Yes I did. wow...

I had made the same game before and I had also made a mistake in that one so I restarted the whole thing but there were over 100 objects and events... So I copied some of the things from the first to the 2nd... damn... This is really bad. Is there a way to fix it? Because I had to write tons of stuff to make it this perfect and I can't do the WHOLE thing from beginning again :(

• Here is the utility:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/utility/addobjfix.zip

To use it put it in the same folder as your cap file and before you run it change this portion of the script:

#------------------------
    # change to your filename.
    filename='wewe1.cap'

so that filename is your cap file and not 'wewe1.cap'.

• Here is the utility:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/utility/addobjfix.zip

To use it put it in the same folder as your cap file and before you run it change this portion of the script:

# change to your filename.
    filename='wewe1.cap'

so that filename is your cap file and not 'wewe1.cap'.

Eh, I don't understand what this is. What exactly am I going to do in here? :S

EDIT1: WOW! I take it back! This is so awesome, I can add new objects now and nothing is disappearing. Thank you SOOO much. And one more question: Any chance I can counter a bug like this if I copy events from another cap too? If so, can this fixer fix it? :D

Thanks so much again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)