Object Arrays

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm working on a tactical game and I want to make it so there's an array of units, so I can choose the unit with the highest speed to go first down the line. I tried using the "array paste" feature, but it doesn't seem to really work since changing one object's image changes all of them and I want each character to have a different image. I can't find any documentation anywhere. Any help with this is most appreciated! Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Array paste pastes copies of an object in a rectangular arrangement. I don't see the relationship with choosing an object in runtime or changing its image, but I'll go on a limb and guess what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to have different unit types and each with a different maxspeed and be able to choose based on this maxspeed, you might want to:

-make each unit type a different object, so they can look and behave different from each other.

-put all of these units in a family, so you can select among them with no distinction.

-set some common variables to the family, among them maxspeed.

Then you would pick the family and within that the one with the largest maxspeed variable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)