NPC Movement. [Solved]

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Fantasy RPG Human-NPC assets pack of 15 characters
  • I'm working on my first platformer. Trying to make it about a skeleton escaping a crypt. This is just a simple layout for testing. I've gotten the basics down, bat running LOS to get to the skeleton and all.

I'm also using only resources made by myself (sprites, music, all of it). The trick right now is, getting the jumping spider to move left and right after the skeleton (player).

As of right now the spider bounces a lot, and eventually moves after the player, but does not stay stuck to the ground, he'll start drifting off like the bats do.

He has three properties, ball, custom, and LOS. So any help here would be appreciated! This is still very early on in the game, and I am thinking of removing HP from the game, but at the moment you can collect bones and hit the bats 2 times to destroy them. Mostly variable testing and all.

Skelgame.cap (Rar file)

EDIT:: Space to jump, Z to shoot. Included resources in case the cap doesn't load them. Please do not distribute or use them outside of this game.

EDIT 2:: I've been trying to check out the Deadeye tutorials but most don't seem to work, specifically #7 I cannot climb ladders in it to get through enemy AI lessons. =

I have gotten most of the glitchiness out of the system without really having to set up ai. Just got a simple LOS, move to Skeleton. Ball object with 2 directional movement.

• There is an edited file. I deleted the ball behavior from the spider, it didn't work together and added 2 new sub events

FILE

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is an edited file. I deleted the ball behavior from the spider, it didn't work together and added 2 new sub events

FILE

Very nice. I was having issues with it just not setting angles. This helps a ton.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)