Not Enough Video Memory...256MB card!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • I've been playing around with my 1st project since doing the 2 recommended Tutorials and I've got into a situation where I can not Preview or run a compiled version of my project.

The error message states that I do not have enough Video Memory for 6.05MB of Textures, 0.00 and Total of 6.05MB. Although I'm using a laptop, it has a Go7600 256MB dedicated GDDR3 memory, and the system has 2GB RAM.

I am able to open any editor within the IDE and load multiple .cap files without issue.

I'm running XP Pro SP2, Construct 0.98.9

• UPDATE - FIXED

My project has ALOT of text fields, grid co-ordinates should the player want to see them, and changing the Applications' Text Rendering from Antialiased to Clear Type seems to have done the trick.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, that's interesting.

I wouldn't have thought that anti-aliasing the text would use up too much memory, even with a lot of text fields.

Maybe the Devs would be interested in hearing about this.

Sponge.

• It is NOT fixed if antialiased text still consumes abnormal amounts of VRAM. You just used a workaround.

• Yeah, this problem should be reported. Can you add a bug report to the tracker with a .cap file?

• I decided to investigate and test things out before taking the step of reporting a bug, and I have found that today Text Antialiasing, on or off, makes no difference to running a preview/debug instance.

Today removing 45 or so small, about 1.1K each, sprites off the layout makes the difference.

I also note that Construct ties up an additional 200MB of RAM after each Preview/Debug instance, and explorer.exe is tying up 50% CPU after the first Preview/Debug instance. Shutting each of these processes, construct and explorer, is necessary to release the resources.

I think my XP may be screwed and its time for a re-install...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)