Newbie Animation question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • The documentation seems lacking in terms of controlling animation, or maybe I just haven't found the right page. At the moment I'm trying to do something very simple. I have four on screen buttons, each of them should play a different animation on a single sprite.

Right now I have the animations broken up into four different sequences in the animation editor. When I go to the event editor (and this is where I'm finding no documentation) I first SET the animation to LoopName.AnimationName - then set animation frame to 0 then start animation from beginning. This works fine for the first button and the first loop. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the second loop to work - I tried making a second event on the second button that's identical except that it's LoopName2.AnimationName...

Any ideas? Any documentation?

Also - the first loop seems to play when I open the file - not sure how to get my sprite to just sit there and not animate... thanks for any help

• I did the same, and it works for me.

dl.dropbox.com/u/2721498/2stroke/Construct/cap/anim.cap

• Sorry, super nube here - what do I do with .cap files? I'm using construct 2 - wrong version?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • right - wrong version - I'll repost this in a different forum

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)