Need some help.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Alright so I've been using game maker for a little while and I decided to try this, I've done the ghost shooter tutorial and it seemed to be pretty easy to do. So far it seems the performance of the game seems "smoother" than game maker, but I feel as if I have more control in Game Maker, or maybe it's just because I'm unfamiliar with Construct. I will continue using this for a bit as I'm curious about it and it has potential and may replace Game Maker. However, I do have two things that I need to ask.

1. How can I have 8 directional movement for the W,S,A,D keys, rather than the arrow keys? In a shooter game, the arrow keys aren't very good.

2. When moving around and then stopping, sometimes it seems like everything is blurred until I move around a bit more and it fixes itself. Here is a picture comparing between a normal look and a blurred look. Is there some motion blur option that is enabled somewhere that I should disable?

(Picture: http://i49.tinypic.com/25flirq.png )(The left picture is blurred and the right picture is normal)

That is all for now, thank you in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. How can I have 8 directional movement for the W,S,A,D keys, rather than the arrow keys?

Set the controls in Application Properties. (select the root item in the project bar or get there via layout properties)

[quote:2mqqi4vq]2. When moving around and then stopping, sometimes it seems like everything is blurred until I move around a bit more and it fixes itself.

It's called linear filtering, and generally improves the smoothness and quality of motion and rotations, but can have a small blurring effect. If you want to get rid of it, set Sampling from linear to point in application properties.

• Moved thread from Discussion to Help/Tech.

Please be mindful of which forum you are posting in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)