moving events in events list

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • It seems that you can't highlight an event in the events list and change its position in the list by dragging and dropping to a new position either up or down.For example if I make some events for moving an object and then decide I need a start of frame event this will obviously be created below the other events.How can I move the start of frame event to the top of the list.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can drag and drop events..? It's been working fine since day one.

• By... dragging it to the top?

In other words...

It seems that you can't highlight an event in the events list and change its position in the list by dragging and dropping to a new position either up or down.

...yes you can. Grab it by the little tab thingy on the left.

• Thanks.I was dragging it by the tab at the bottom and this was the problem.The side tab is not very clear.

• The 'shadow' at the bottom can be dragged; the side tab is the obvious way to drag, though .

• For example if I make some events for moving an object and then decide I need a start of frame event this will obviously be created below the other events.

There is also a way to create events not at the bottom of the sheet: with another event selected, try clicking on the left tab looking bit of it or the purplish blue "shadow" area beneath the conditions. A few links should pop up to the top and bottom of it, which will allow you to create a new event in the chosen spot.

• I was just about to make a post of my own, until I saw this. I have a small, relevant request:

Is there any way you could make it so that the arrow keys can move the selected ACEs around on the event sheet, for quick reordering? So, anything could be moved up or down, events/subevents could be moved left or right. If you moved this first subevent up or the last subevent down it would become a sub of the next event. There are probably a few other scenarios, but you should be able to get what I mean.

So many times I've been frustrated by the drag and drop reordering system - unless I'm doing something wrong, sometime it just doesn't want to put them where I want them. With a complex event sheet, sometimes it will just refuse to put events in certain locations.

• With a complex event sheet, sometimes it will just refuse to put events in certain locations.

Yes, this is true, and nonetheless annoying. But actually if you keep dragging it around it will eventually show that black line right where you want it. Sometimes you have to move in really short pixel increments too. An arrow reordering system would come in handy, if it's not too complicated. Or just touch up the drag n drop.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)