MINIMAP OBJ. Help!!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • heyy

I was testing the minimap obj, it's a very simple object and powerful, great job Scirra

but for my purpose it not working how I would it to be..

I'm trying to make a minimap of just a small area around the player, not the whole layout... example.. my map has 6000x6000 size, in the minimap it's showing all the area and my idea would it to show only the places,objects, etc, near the player..

is it possible? with a diferent object maybe?

ty!

• Unfortunately, the minimap object is made to work with the entire layout, so taking a chunk of that isn't currently possible.

Ultimately, the minimap object as it is isn't as robust as it could be, and the devs are more worried about fixing bugs in Construct itself. If I can find the time I'll take a crack at creating an updated version of the plugin that has more features.

• Unfortunately, the minimap object is made to work with the entire layout, so taking a chunk of that isn't currently possible.

Ultimately, the minimap object as it is isn't as robust as it could be, and the devs are more worried about fixing bugs in Construct itself. If I can find the time I'll take a crack at creating an updated version of the plugin that has more features.

if you make an updated version of it please try to add the function I said on first post

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Something that could pick by distance() would be nice.

• heyy

I was testing the minimap obj, it's a very simple object and powerful, great job Scirra

but for my purpose it not working how I would it to be..

I'm trying to make a minimap of just a small area around the player, not the whole layout... example.. my map has 6000x6000 size, in the minimap it's showing all the area and my idea would it to show only the places,objects, etc, near the player..

is it possible? with a diferent object maybe?

ty!

Of course it's possible, if you create a custom minimap. Which is simple enough actually, takes just a bit of math.

Shviller, Arima and me have been messing around with a radar kind of minimap some days ago in the chat. For example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/radar5.cap

• > heyy

>

> I was testing the minimap obj, it's a very simple object and powerful, great job Scirra

> but for my purpose it not working how I would it to be..

> I'm trying to make a minimap of just a small area around the player, not the whole layout... example.. my map has 6000x6000 size, in the minimap it's showing all the area and my idea would it to show only the places,objects, etc, near the player..

> is it possible? with a diferent object maybe?

>

> ty!

>

Of course it's possible, if you create a custom minimap. Which is simple enough actually, takes just a bit of math.

Shviller, Arima and me have been messing around with a radar kind of minimap some days ago in the chat. For example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/radar5.cap

this is great!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)