Map Editor in Python?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • I wanted to create a map editor for me and other users for my games. My logic for it is this:

If the user saves the map, ask for a title to use in the New Game menu. After the user inserts the title, follow these operations:

-Save the object locations in a external file on the hard drive as a INI [or other preferred] file type.

-Record the title.

-Place in mapData folder.

After these operations, if the player goes to the new game menu to select a level, scan the folder and place readable map files onto the menu along with their title. If the player chooses a level, go to the main layout and place the objects at their defined locations, and run the game after loading.[/code:2f4b52s0]

How do I ask Construct to collect the data from the editor layout and save it as a file on the hard drive that it can read later?
  • Not sure exactly what your wanting.

Are you wanting to make an editor just using python scripting?

• Not sure exactly what your wanting.

Are you wanting to make an editor just using python scripting?

No, all I want to know is how to make the game save the objects on a layout in the game on a file on the PC and have a set title for the game to read, so then people can download custom maps and make them, and save me some time on level editing.

• Search the forum. There are a lot of examples already.

Might check the wiki for how to use the ini... that's a pretty good starting point.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Map+Editor+site%3Ascirra.com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Search the forum. There are a lot of examples already.

Might check the wiki for how to use the ini... that's a pretty good starting point.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Map+Editor+site%3Ascirra.com

Ah, thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)