Looking for help with path movement

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi, I'm trying to make a clone of the arcade game 1942. Most of the enemy I've sorted, but there are some that follow a path in a line. I've installed the path movement addon and this works perfect for a single sprite, but the only way I can get them all to follow the same path is to re-draw the path for each sprite, which is a pain.

If I clone the first sprite with the path it takes the path movement with it but if I shift the sprite over to the left of the first sprite, the whole path moves with it so they don't move in a line.

Hope you're still with me.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I can create a 'snake' like chain of enemy that move along a path. The video below is of 1942 to give you an idea, around 30+ seconds the red planes come in from the left, that's the effect I want.

Thanks for any help.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • The timeline object would work well for this, if you don't draw the path.

Like on timeline A system create object redplane, redplane clear all nodes, redplane add node at firstx,firsty, add node at secondx,secondy, add node at thirdx,thirdy, redplane set position on path to 0, redplane start path movement.

On timeline B system create object redplane, redplane clear all nodes, redplane add node at firstx,firsty, add node at secondx,secondy, add node at thirdx,thirdy, redplane set position on path to 0, redplane start path movement.

Then make sure the path is set to curves, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cheers, I'll give that a go :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)