I can no longer edit existing events or add new ones...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • This started up out of the clear blue...

For some reason all versions of Construct from .94 to .96 crash whenever I try to add a new event or edit an existing event on a project .cap. It crashes even if I start a new directx9 game.

I've tried uninstalling all of my old versions of Construct, but for some reason everything from .94 and up crashes in the event editor. I can add and remove sprites without any problem, but as soon as I move to the event editor everything goes to hell.

For some reason the event editor in .93 works normally.

(of course, my most recent .cap doesn't work in .93 )

Up until now I haven't run into any major bugs so this is a surprise. Construct is somewhat limiting when you can't add new events...

*** Windows 2000 Pro SP4

2.5ghz Athlon XP

512 mb ram

Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro

• Dude you still in that mess ? Or did you found the problem? Honestly, wish i could point you to something.

Sometimes see another ones mess, lol , relativates your own.

A week ago, i had some kind of virus. Well i think it was a virus. I can not really know. Since, well...

It ate ALL my files not in use on the C: drive and on the D:drive.

Lucky not on my E: drive holding all the backups for my important docs.

But i had to redo my whole system, my vista was half gone too. Plus apply that slow ass vista SP2 update.

I did not even install 1/10th of all my precious programs back.

But live is beautiful.

• that's a pretty serious bug. Have you reported it to the bug tracker?

• Ugh... sorry to hear that, Instance. Yeah, I'm still having the same problem. I'm guessing that a resinstall of Windows is probably going to be in order...

:shock: that's a pretty serious bug. Have you reported it to the bug tracker?

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if it was something wrong with my system, so I thought I'd ask first to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Is it possible that uninstalling still leaves something about Construct in the registry?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well... I couldn't get Construct to work normally again. I dug out an old harddrive and did a fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro on it, and Construct is working again.

I think this might be a very specific problem that shouldn't be worried about, though.

My C: drive died around the same time that Construct's event editor stopped working, and even though I had Construct installed on my D: drive I have a feeling that it somehow affected it. Even after I removed the fauly C: drive and installed my other drive as either the primary or secondary, slave or master, it still was recognized as the "D:" drive (even when it was the only drive installed).

Sooo... hopefully these same circumstances don't happen to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)