Lightmap, what am I doing wrong?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • I've spent too long tying to figure this out. Why wont the light follow the mouse, I've copied the example exactly (right down to capitolization and spacing). How can I make this follow the mouse? Or attach it to an image point on an object?

http://www.filedropper.com/gunflashtest

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello

I'm not quite sure what bumpmapping is, so I have no idea what your trying to do with that. If you want to set it up using the always event, then choose "Light," "set position", change X to "MouseX" and Y to "MouseY." Otherwise, just add the behavior, "Mouse," to your "Light." Also, you may have to set the hot spot, so double click on "Light" and set the "hot spot(and orange dot in the tool bar on the left)" to the center of "Light." It should work after that.

• I've spent too long tying to figure this out. Why wont the light follow the mouse, I've copied the example exactly (right down to capitolization and spacing). How can I make this follow the mouse? Or attach it to an image point on an object?

You basically have the right events. But your dividing by Sprite.Width and Height, yet your sprite is larger than the window. Divide by DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight instead or resize your sprite to fit the window.

• Thanks, I figured it had something to do with the display. Resizing the sprite isn't an option because it will be the ground in my game. And I would like the game to be a bit bigger than a 1 screen wonder.

By dividing by display height/width do you mean like 800 by 600, or is there an event somewhere for that?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)