License problem

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Hello everyone, I'm pretty new in this forum, but here I go:

Construct classic is under a GNU license, but are my games under the same GNU license too?

How can I have the access to their source code?

Can't I make a free game, not as in freedom but as in "this product cost exactly 0€"?

If my game is under GNU license, under what license have to be my graphics and my musics?

Thanks to everyone who respond, and to Scirra to make construct classic available freely.

• Have you read the GNU license information? If not, I would highly suggest you do so. It explains what must be covered by the GNU license. In short, your game does not have to be covered by the same license. The engine your game is using does. In other words, if you add any code that does not in any way alter the engine, that code is yours and you can license it as you please. That also goes for all assets (art, music, even the event system you built in the engine). You own the rights to your creations. If however, you do alter the engine some way, you must release those changes to the community. Also, you are legally obligated to include the license information for the engine in any derivative product you release.

As for making a free game, yes you can as long as you adhere to the license.

Finally, I believe the source code is found here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/construct/code/HEAD/tree/

I hope that gets you what you need and good luck with your project.

• Hello,

When I was talking about source code, I was thinking about the source code of my games.

But thanks, to had helped me with some of the questions, and I get what I need (mostly).

So how can I access the source code of my games?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

When I was talking about source code, I was thinking about the source code of my games.

But thanks, to had helped me with some of the questions, and I get what I need (mostly).

So how can I access the source code of my games?

The source code will be the saved cap file itself. It holds all the code.

• Ok thanks, guys

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)