Jump sticks to ceiling?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
5 Types of Touch Buttons containing 90 touch buttons from D-Pads to Touch Joy Sticks and more.
  • I'm having a problem with platform movement when I jump and hit a low ceiling. The sprite seems to stick to the ceiling though I can move left and right. Is there a checkbox or something that I'm missing? Example cap (v99.84): http://www.louisferina.com/games/jump_test.cap. Ill report this as a bug if there's no solution.

Thanks!

• same here: cap was fully working with 99.8

with 99.82 the ceiling behavior started for me, 99.84 same ceiling problem.

another thing - in 99.84 the jumpheight doesnt seem to be stable(fluctuating) with inbuilt platform movement with the same cap which was working in 99.8.

on a sidenote: i tried some testgames which i made in older construct versions and often got

more fps when compiled with older versions.

is it safe to say that the program gets most fps when created and compiled with the exact same version or is construct somehow getting slower with newer versions ?!?

i ask that because i have experienced several gameengines that got slower with new versions and enhancements sometimes to the point i prefered to keep older versions to work with (100fps loss because "unneeded" fx as an example or "gimmick")

big thanks for:

[FIX] Crash drawing Sprites on non-SSE2 processors (R0J0hound)

• I'm having a problem with platform movement when I jump and hit a low ceiling. The sprite seems to stick to the ceiling though I can move left and right. Is there a checkbox or something that I'm missing? Example cap (v99.84): http://www.louisferina.com/games/jump_test.cap. Ill report this as a bug if there's no solution.

I tested this in 0.99.7 (which is still my favorite unstable version) where it still works fine. In 0.99.82 and 83 however (don't have 84 installed) it sticks to the ceiling like you described. There are numerous platform behavior fixes that are already done and may very well be in the next release. So hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Meanwhile you can use a "Ceiling just above" condition and set the vertical speed to a higher value like 60. That should prevent the player from sticking at least.

• Ok thanks for checking that out guys. Ill post it to the tracker.

makedit: I haven't noticed the jump height changing on flat terrain, but I just saw that the jump height changes when i run and jump off a slope. If I stand still it seems to be consistent.

Also, I haven't noticed any slowdown across different Construct versions and my game has gone through several of them.

PixelRebirth: Thanks for that tip about the "Ceiling just above" condition. I'll try that out for now.

• On further investigation this seems to happen when the platform behavior controlled sprite and the solid object it collides with are BOTH set to bounding box collision. If one of them is set to per pixel, it will work.

In your example Uberlou youre using a tiled background which would be automatically bounding box collision. Try setting the player hitbox to per pixel collision and it'll work again... heh. Or just use the workaround.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here you go. I added no stick spray. LOL Actually I used a normal sprite instead of the tiled background.

Construct v.099.84

http://www.box.net/shared/oa0zzna7jm

Also noticed that you do not need solid on your Jump Guy

Oops PixelRebirth already noticed the tiled background.

• You guys are right, setting the collision to per pixel does work. Still hoping it gets fixed, at least to be consistent. Thanks for the help!

• You guys are right, setting the collision to per pixel does work. Still hoping it gets fixed, at least to be consistent. Thanks for the help!

It's on the tracker and David is looking into it, so cross fingers toes and other appendages.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)