impossible to have different players for each instance?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • if I have four copies of the same sprite, I can't assign them each a separate player? (for control purposes)

am I right on that?

• You should be able to pick them via a private variable.

• no I mean

if I want platform movement for instance to be controlling a player

I can't make two instances of the same platform sprite object be controlled by two controllers assigned to two different players

• maybe create a object "collision trasfert"

when player has a collision with player transfer

-player start ignoring user imput

create the path you want the player to go,and the ai will do the job,then create another object"collision off" and stop ignoring user imput when play has a collision with it or use a timer

i dont know if it was helpful.

• no I mean

if I want platform movement for instance to be controlling a player

I can't make two instances of the same platform sprite object be controlled by two controllers assigned to two different players

Ahh I see what you mean now. Nope it currently sets all instances of the same object to the same controls. Guess you could ask David to add a way to set the controls at runtime, or change the plug to allow dupes to have different controls.

Then again just adding another object shouldn't be that big a deal.

• I wanted to make a multitude of platform behavior controlled sprites

and control them by Set Control

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could add multiple platform behaviors to the sprite... 1 per controller I guess.

• I found the workaround I need anyway, but no I meant having hundreds of ai controlled npcs. It would have been really clean and easy to work with to justt be able to Set Control State "jump" or "move right" to control them. I suppose then there's the ten player limit as well. But still, ill put a feature requuest in to be able to assign player numbers at runtime. It seems like the most straightforward way to do local multiplayer

• Has there been any progress on this? Assigning multiple Platform behaviors to an object didn't work for me (crashed the game at runtime, next to the fact that the solution is down right ugly :p ). I wanted to work on a game, where there's a score of different playable characters, and I'd like them to be playable by different controllers, and since copy and pasting code doesn't work well in construct, and since I'm not interested in copying and rewriting my movement control sheets for each player, and cloning the characters for each control... I also agree on the easier AI controlling with virtual button pushing for an AI.

Would it be hard to change the platform plugin? (I haven't informed myself on plugin programming yet.)

Lucid, what was the work around for the problem you had found?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)