my icons are messing up

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • all my object icons have started to shift to other objects.. not sure why, am getting scared if this will corrupt my file eventually.

any idea?

• Have you been cutting and pasting objects? There is a bug fixed in the next build where if you cut the last instance of an object, then paste it, the object becomes corrupted.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you been cutting and pasting objects? There is a bug fixed in the next build where if you cut the last instance of an object, then paste it, the object becomes corrupted.

Ah, so that's what does it. I occasionally have this problem too. I've just gotten into the habit of making sure my icons were all correct before saving.

And work3, it does cause problems down the line. Your object picker will just get more and more jumbled up the more objects you add. You can still pick objects by their name though. And last I checked, trying to edit the icon of a messed up object results in a crash.

It's best if you have an uncorrupted backup you can revert to.

• will the bugfix re-add the icons back to the way they were, or at least not crash when I attempt to fix 'em?

deadeye - didn't notice this issue til it was too late.. no backups :_(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)