Highlighting Letters?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Learn lowercase and uppercase letters in English.
  • I will change topic title once I figure a more appropriate wording thing, er, yea... Once I figure out what it is this method is called.

I want to add to my vertical shooter where the player has to grab items. Grab item 1, 2, 3 and so on. I plan to make one of the two quests I am thinking of to grab letters as well, to spell "Bible." What I would like to do is when the ship grabs the letters (I think I know how to make the events do this in order for the five letters) that it shows on screen. What I am thinking, if possible, is on the top of the screen is have the letters B I B L E, either gray or something, and when the letters are picked up, the letters on the top of the screen light up or change color or something. Know what I mean? I am trying to think of a game I know of for an example to show.

Is this possible and if so, anyone able to make one of those quick samples?

Thanks.

• Just create white letters with transparent background in your graphic app and import them as frames to a sprite. Then set each instance to the appropiate frame and set a grey (or whatever inactive color you want) color filter. When a letter is grabbed, change the color filter to whatever color you want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I know what you mean. Will try it and see what I can do. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)