Help with loading ini variable

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • save worked perfect, but load ini something wrong with

INI.ItemString(Group, Item) i want when load button clicked then load text string from ini

here the cap file ini.cap

cant you make some example how use ini to load something

---

p.s Sorry for bad English

• well first off, it's not saving correctly (look in the ini file). maybe it's a bug, but it won't let you get the text of one of these edit text objects. you put quotes around yours, so it's just grabbing "1.Text" etc, rather than what's written in the box.

edit: found the solution. will upload .cap soon

• Saving me is not important i make it just for view structure of ini file, but thanks for reply.

ini object have bug, nead fix it

• i got it working: http://upload.dfyb.net/uploaded/ini_fixed.cap

don't name those editable text fields integers (numbers). i had to rename them "one" and "two" etc. ideally, construct should fix this or not allow you to name them integers. you tried to get around this by putting the whole thing in quotes, which resulted it in writing "1.Text" etc, instead of grabbing what you typed into the text field named '1'. so yeah, name it something with letters like "one" or whatever.

and unlike the presented syntax when you try to get a string from an ini file, you need to put the group and item in quotes, like this: INI.ItemString("main", "3")

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Awesome thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)