Grid based pathfinding?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • How do you do grid based pathfinding? I mean where objects move like they're on squares of a chess board?

It's my understanding that pathfinding uses cells anyway, but the current pathfinding seem largely intergrated into RTS style movements, not surprising as it's an RTS object.

I raised the issue before how i thought the mouse and keyboard object shouldn't need to be added but the response was construct uses only whats necessary, so shouldn't there be a pathfinding object rather than an RTS object?

• The RTS movement internally uses a grid for pathfinding. I think a good solution would be to build in to the RTS movement some kind of functionality to return a list of cells to a destination without moving, or something? It'd save copying and pasting most of the RTS movement code in to a new plugin for this, heh.

• Yes, that sounds good.

• I worked around it by adding an obstacle to each vertex, and then using a cloned object bound by the grid in relation to the hidden path-finder.

Kept the path-finder from cutting straight corners.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is it possible yet to do grid based pathfinding movements, or do we have to do the workaround jewsen describes?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)