Gamepad

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • is there any way to implement Gamepad support into construct game?

• Not at the moment. It's planned for a future version, though.

• It's coming soon!

• It's coming soon!

great news

• For all the things that Construct does very well, the lack of gamepad support is where it steps on it's own laces and hits the deck.

Thankfully there are signs that it's being adressed.

Lucid got the ball rolling in this thread...

http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3900

...so let's hope the Dev's follow it up.

If Construct made it to 1.0 without gamepad support I'd consider it incomplete for a full version.

Sponge.

• Not to dismiss the utility that such functionality provides, but is there really a huge market out there who use gamepads? XBox 360 controllers maybe, but I've never heard of it being common place for a game to use any other controller..?

• I have a Logitec controller and I use it all the time. It's nice. It looks and feels and acts just like a PS2 controller.

• but I've never heard of it being common place for a game to use any other controller.

it's good that microsoft made it possible for large developers to begin developing games for PC meant to be played with a controller. It's unfortunate that they chose to sell more controllers, instead of choosing to open up the market as much as possible. HOwever, Street Fighter IV will be released for PC. and though they are usually very weak ports, alot of 360 games come to PC with controller capabilities. They've expanded the market for GamePad based games to anyone who owns a good PC and an XBox360.

Being that there are people out there who own other gamepads. (just check out how many PC gamepads they have for sale at any place that sells games, including wal-mart), it would be quite alienating to want to play a game that includes gamepad support, but only if you're using an xbox360 controller. you can also count the PS3 audience who isn't on 64 bit vista as pc pad owning gamers, but only with directinput drivers.

aside from that,a large market for Pre360 gamepads is people who use emulators to play retro games. There are alot of retro style games being made with construct. It would be nice for the guy who bought a directx usb adaptor for his Sega Genesis pad to join in the fun

Construct definitely can be used to make commercial quality games. That's a feature you'd expect from a polished title. know what I mean?

For all the things that Construct does very well, the lack of gamepad support is where it steps on it's own laces and hits the deck.

Thankfully there are signs that it's being adressed.

Lucid got the ball rolling in this thread...

I'm only making the button settings aspect of things, sponge, meaning being able to change your button settings in game, and being able to save and load button configurations. I meant I was adding support for changing and saving button configs for an xbox360 plugin David made to be released with the next build. but thanks for the shoutout

• is there really a huge market out there who use gamepads?

All PC gamers I know own at least one gamepad.

To note, in PC parlance "gamepad" includes wheels and whatever strange device you might have. Myself I have a gamepad, a wheel, a stick and a freaking dance mat.

I haven't met a single person who plays with a 360 pad, but then again XBox aint so big in my country. While some people won't spring for even a mildly decent 3D card, they always spring for cheap controllers.

• As others have said, I'm pretty sure gamepads are common amongst PC owners these days (I can't think of one person I know that doesn't have at least one).

Personally I have a logitech one too, and I'm thinking of getting an XBox 360 PC controller next week, seeing as I'm so used to the controller.

And you're welcome Lucid.

Sponge.

• Well, I don't have one, and I've always been a big PC gamer . My friends don't, either. I don't doubt that people do, but I'd really question a game which relied on a gamepad, that's all. (Supporting it as an alternative could be good.)

• Well I think it all depends on what kind of games you play.

• The only game I'd consider using one for is a sports sim, like Fifa. Though I can see arcade beat em ups or fighters being cool with them.

• It's useful support when you're wanting to make offline multiplayer games.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any game that relies on analog controling needs a gamepad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)