Full time scrolling [SOLVED]

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Classic style beat'em up template. Punch & Kick foes across the screen.
  • Hey thanks for your help so far guys, I'm almost at a point of havind something done

One last thing I just can't get my head around, and I've been looking at others examples..

Say I'm making like a space shooter, and the player can only move left and right.. How would I go about making a sprite or similar permanantly scroll up the left and right hand sides of the screen.. For example, if you were in a ravine, the the cliff faces were rolling up on the left and right hand sides automatically, so to give the impression you were flying in the middle of a canyon..

I've looked at other tutorials which show the screen scrolling as the player moves, but quite figue how to make it move on its own while the player is acutally stationary (although it wouldnt look that way when playing)...

Cheers!

Damo

• Hows this? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6660860/scrolling.cap

The tiled background has the wrap behavior to allow it to automatically move itself back to the top when it leaves the layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8538&start=50

You can go and have a look at some of my tutorials.I have scrolling background tutorials there Which uses sprites instead of tiled backgrounds which means that you can also animate the scrolling background.

• The tiled background has the wrap behavior to allow it to automatically move itself back to the top when it leaves the layout.

More importantly you can simply set the image offset with a tiled background, so you don't actually move the object but constantly offset its texture to give the impression of movement

• Awesome guys, thank you!! Did the trick nicely

Cheers,

Damo

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)