A few questions...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hia there, just wanted to start by saying that I am a total newb at this haha...

Question 1, how do I change the default arrow key-controlling with 8-direction movement behavior?

Question 2, how do I save a specific Private variable? (to save a highscore)

thanks in advance :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For 1: Click your project root (eg: Application1) in the projects bar on the left and then scroll down in the properties box on the right. You will see all of the pre-defined controls are changeable there.

For 2: You will need to use the INI object or the Binary object. I'd recommend the INI object as there are many tutorials for it on this list.

Hope this helps.

• Hia there, just wanted to start by saying that I am a total newb at this haha...

Question 1, how do I change the default arrow key-controlling with 8-direction movement behavior?

Question 2, how do I save a specific Private variable? (to save a highscore)

thanks in advance :)

1. In application preferences (click on layout---> click application|properties in bottom line of the properies window (which will probably be attached to your left hand screen).

2. include the ini plugin

structure a file like this and put in [appath]Data\Save

Structure ini file like this:

[groupname]

; comment

HIGHSCORE=5000

Load the file using apppath&"Data\Save\nameofini.ini"

Then load value with INI.ItemValue("groupname","HIGHSCORE")

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)