A few questions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching but I couldn't really find what I was looking for D: Anyway,

1. Water Refraction/Heat Waves. Is this currently possible in Construct? I don't mean just using some object and giving it a warp effect though. I'm looking for an object that will grab whatever is behind it and move the pixels in a sinewave type motion or something; similar to Multimedia Fusion's "water surface object", or the "perspective object". I found a refraction effect when I was searching around earlier, but the download link just opens a text file..Not sure if it's the effect I'm looking for anyway.

2. "Palette swapping" or changing multiple colors on a sprite. Something that will allow me to change colors on a sprite by predefined values. Is there a way to do this yet?

3. Don't shoot! Is there any type of gamepad support besides the 360 yet? I dunno if it's just me but I can't stand using a keyboard to play games. I've gotten used to it but some of the games I make kind of require a gamepad.. unless you've got 6 fingers. That and well, not everyone has a 360 controller..

Thanks for any help!

• Hi,

1. Water Refraction/Heat Waves. Is this currently possible in Construct? I don't mean just using some object and giving it a warp effect though. I'm looking for an object that will grab whatever is behind it and move the pixels in a sinewave type motion or something; similar to Multimedia Fusion's "water surface object", or the "perspective object". I found a refraction effect when I was searching around earlier, but the download link just opens a text file..Not sure if it's the effect I'm looking for anyway.

Moving the pixels in a sinewave type motion is exactly what the warp effect does. You may apply it to a layer to affect a whole layer or the canvas object to affect everything behind the canvas object.

Effect files are plain human readable text files with the suffix ".fx" Just have a look at the first three lines. If they represent this

// Effect Name

// Effect Author

// Shader Version

then you have found a Construct effect, just place it in the effects folder.

2. "Palette swapping" or changing multiple colors on a sprite. Something that will allow me to change colors on a sprite by predefined values. Is there a way to do this yet?

Glad you ask

3. Don't shoot! Is there any type of gamepad support besides the 360 yet? I dunno if it's just me but I can't stand using a keyboard to play games. I've gotten used to it but some of the games I make kind of require a gamepad.. unless you've got 6 fingers. That and well, not everyone has a 360 controller..

I saw something here on the forums, it was either a plugin completely supporting standard controllers or some driver that accesses standard controllers and pretends to be a 360. Something like this. I'm sure others can answer that more clearly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Moving the pixels in a sinewave type motion is exactly what the warp effect does. You may apply it to a layer to affect a whole layer or the canvas object to affect everything behind the canvas object.

Effect files are plain human readable text files with the suffix ".fx" Just have a look at the first three lines. If they represent this

// Effect Name

// Effect Author

// Shader Version

then you have found a Construct effect, just place it in the effects folder.

The canvas object works perfectly for this, thanks! I sometimes forget how useful it can be.

Glad you ask

Awesome.

I'll be looking forward to it's release If I just use different colored sprites for my objects I'd probably never live to see my game finished! This will be an extremely useful effect.

• This will be an extremely useful effect.

Very much so! Is there a thread for it so we can watch for releases?

• I don't think there will be a extra thread for it (well, maybe a little teaser ), but when I think of it being a final version, I'll post it as always in the completed addons subforum

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)