Falling through ground on some computers?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • OK, another weird problem with my new game.

On some rare computers only, on some levels, the player falls through the ground when the level begins. It's as if the player object is created before the others, and so has time to fall through the terrain. In one level that meant the player was underneath the ground; in another, where you lose if you fall out of the level, he was destroyed, but then was actually in the right place when respawning (which involves leaving the layout and coming back).

Now, at first I thought it had to do with how "thin" (just 3 tiles) the ground was. When I made the ground thicker in one of these levels, it seemed to work (I also moved all the tiles upwards a bit). But in another level, adding more ground underneath the player did nothing at all.

I've tried disabling the platform behaviour when the layout starts and waiting 300 milliseconds before re-enabling it, which seems to have made it so that at least respawning works. Before it just kept spawning the player the wrong way.

So... what could be going on here?

• Update: Making the ground thicker does actually work. It was a mistake on the part of my tester.

Still, this is an odd issue, isn't it?

• Well maybe the computers were too slow to make the game run all the actions.

I would've tried to add like a split second pause till the engine run all the events.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well maybe the computers were too slow to make the game run all the actions.

I would've tried to add like a split second pause till the engine run all the events.

Only in this case I'm pretty sure the guy has a fast computer. He's a game developer, too.

Very odd.

• This may actually be due to a bug with collision masks not being attached to the right frame. Should be fixed for next version I believe.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)