Enemies, movement and animations.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Hey guys. I would like to know 3 things.

1:

How can I make an enemy with a platform-like behavior that can jump (example: when it reaches a wall and has to jump over it.) And I don't just want to use timing i want to program it into the enemy so it will do it whenever it reaches an obstacle.

2:Enemy combat and LOS mixed?

How can I make an enemies LOS so that when he is close and sees me he will attack, and when he sees me far away he will chase me?

3:

How do I add animations to the enemies jumping, walking, falling ETC.

I have looked all around but haven't found anything useful. Maybe post a cap aswell if you wouldn't mind.

I will definitely dedicate a level, character or enemy in my game to the person who helps me to the fullest.

Sorry for LOOONG post

Thanks in advance!

• For 1st and 3rd look at Deadeye's Platform School

2nd - actually it's also in the tutorial. There are events which activate an enemy when the player is within certain range.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't know why, but the speed run and double jump don't work for me so i can't continue

Please help!

• I don't know why, but the speed run and double jump don't work for me

I think it's because it was made in old version of Construct. I'll show you how to make it work for part5.cap, but you'll have to repeat it for all later parts.

I suppose it doesn't work because there is an % sign in Controls Event Sheet. You'll have to erase them all.

First is - Player %1 "Action" is down. To erase it you'll have to double click it and then click Finish, then repeat with 3 others. In part.6 there are 18 % , because there is swimming and ladders.

Hope it helps, maybe there is a better way, but this is only one I know and it works for me

• If you look at the last page of the Platform tutorial, someone has fixed all the parts, I think.

Here http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2154&start=250#p54647

• If you look at the last page of the Platform tutorial, someone has fixed all the parts, I think.

Here http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2154&start=250#p54647

Nice, its fixed, so you don't need to do that annoying stuff. Someone could replace the old files on Wiki

• Thank you

I don't want to be the guy who never understands anything and irritates everyone, but can someone please just go through the animations of enemies with me? I can't catch on to that platform tut...

Thanks again!

• Add animations for enemies - Open up part8 or 9 of Deadeyes tut. Scroll down in Object bar down to the sprite of Cooper, then if you click on Animator bar at bottom right, you should see 4 animations (stand, run, jump, fall) with 2 angles for each. In the top window you add new animations and angles with right click, in the bottom window new frames.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)