Disappearing platform

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Hi all!

I've just discovered this great program. I was thinking about buying Multimedia Fusion 2, but now I will use Construct because it seems to be much better!

I'm making a simple platform game, and I want to have a platform that, when my character goes on it, this gradually becomes transparent until it disappear. I'm trying to do it, but it doesn't work. I'm doing like this: I created a Sprite object for the platform, and I set Solid attribute to True. I added a Fade behavior to platform, but not active when layout starts. In the event sheet I added event Collision between Character and Platform. The actions are "Set fade behavior Activated" and "Start fade".

But when my character collides with Platform, nothing happens.

Could you tell me a way to do what I want? Thank you, and merry Christmas!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • + Sprite: overlaps Ground : offset (0,1)

+ System: Trigger once

-> Ground: Set fade behavior Activated

-> Ground: Start fade

This seems to work.

• Thank you for your answer.

I tried it, and it works, but just for one block per time. I mean: if the character walks on a series of these blocks, only the first disappears.

Any ideas?

• Ok, Fade behavior only makes it more complicated so i made an example how to do it with events only.

It's really simple. http://download321.mediafire.com/5wzrwk ... j/fade.cap

• I tried to open your project, but it gives me an error: "abnormal program termination". Is there something wrong maybe with the download hosting?

Thank you again for your help!

• Do you have the latest version, 0.99.72, that was released today?

• No, I've downloaded the program about 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I'm going to download the new version of Construct and try again your .cap.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

• Yesterday I installed the new version of Construct (I haven't used it for some days

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)