Difficulties with the animation editor

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • I've been having some strange problems with the animation editor on my Vista-32 machine and I'd like to know if they're primarily on my end.

Firstly, the selection tools don't work as intended; when I try to select an area with a tool that draws a box or a similar geometric shape, it invariably selects only a couple of the lowest rows of pixels at the bottom of the image, or ends up selecting no pixels at all and bunching up its selected field along the bottom of the image window. Only the magic wand selection tool works flawlessly, except that when pasting with it, it fills the rest of the image with black instead of transparent.

Secondly, the pencil and brush tools won't put pixels down unless I drag the mouse. If I simply click in one place, nothing is drawn. I need to start a line for it to make a mark.

Finally, the line tool can't seem to make single-pixel-width lines. Even when I select 1 or 2 as the width, the line is still a solid 3 pixels wide.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • These are new problems with version 0.92 it seems.

• You might install 0.91 for now if you're just doing drawing and basic events, just be aware of the families bug that was going around. I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed pretty soon. Ashley has a pretty good track record on updates.

• Ah, good to know it's not just me. I can wait for Ashley to take care of it, I'm still in the early design phase. Thanks!

• Just wanted to add that the 'transparent pixels are replaced with black pixels' bug also happens when drawing a new Family icon. Transparent parts of the icon become black when the icon is saved, and there's no way to go back and alter the icon once its new family is created.

• You can alter the family icon by opening the Families folder in the Construct install directory, and editing the associated .bmp file. It might not update until you restart Construct.

I think most of those bugs in the original post are fixed for the next build, let me know.

• You can alter the family icon by opening the Families folder in the Construct install directory, and editing the associated .bmp file. It might not update until you restart Construct.

I think most of those bugs in the original post are fixed for the next build, let me know.

Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)