Data management structure question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Manage time and money, plan the best strategy to make all the customers happy in your restaurant, a hotel, cafe, or any
  • Good evening!

I'm trying to figure out the data management logic in construct, before I go further in my project. I'm going to need to save/load different 3 user savegames and I'll also be switching from one layout to another quite often.

• If say I'm using one type of arrow menu object for the entire game, how do I do it since it won't allow me to use twice the same object name even if the object is in another layout, and the events will apparently only consider object on the same layout. All assets are in the same project tree no? I had the reflex to drag and drop them in the layout from the tree.
    • Can you save and load game objects you create? Can I load my characters with their AI in different layouts or do I need to recreate them every time?

Thanks a lot :)

• 1. For an object's properties, under the common tab at the top you'll see a checkbox which says "global" this will allow you to access the object more easily in other layouts.

2. Not sure what you mean. If you mean moving an object to a different layout, I don't think you can. You'd have to create it in other layout. If you want to save/load data, the Hashtable is probably the best object do that.

• Oh BRILLIANT! Simple and beautiful.

For question two well I guess with the solution you just gave me I could create a "Base" layout where I would create all my character, gameplay ingredients and enemies, then I would system.create them in the appropriate layout.

You think that would work? Wonder if it would create the object as well as is behavior properties?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. For an object's properties, under the common tab at the top you'll see a checkbox which says "global" this will allow you to access the object more easily in other layouts.

Ehh thats more of a pain than its worth IMHO. It places that object as it was, in its previous state from the previous layout during runtime.

One thing to remember, all objects are accessible from any layout. If you need use one of those objects that were added to another layout into your current layout, simply right click, copy, and paste to the layout you need it on.

• man sometimes I just search too deep for nothing...

now that "base" layout definitely makes sense!

I thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)