Custom transitions?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Game and Film Logo Transitions Pt.2: Musical Loops
  • Hi Guys, i'm wondering if is possible to make transitions as fx files or other methods for construct like mosaic, fold, slice down, box rain, pattern, etc.

My regards!

• I've never done a transition, but it should work as easy as doing effects.

• fx files are based on HLSL
    • define 'prog'( float prog; ), which returns the progress of the transition from old layout to new layout as range [0, 1]
    • BackgroundTexture for the old layout, ForegroundTexture for the new layout
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are transistions OK to use now? In the last post I read HERE , deadeye thinks there may still be issues with them.

zen

• I've never done a transition, but it should work as easy as doing effects.

- fx files are based on HLSL

- define 'prog'( float prog; ), which returns the progress of the transition from old layout to new layout as range [0, 1]

- BackgroundTexture for the old layout, ForegroundTexture for the new layout

Good, thanks for reply.

Look this site Here do you think this code may work with fx file for construct?

• Are transistions OK to use now? In the last post I read HERE , deadeye thinks there may still be issues with them.

zen

It worked for me... i believe i have ATI X1600 Radeon which supports Pixel shader 3.0... in this case about transition is required to Pixel shader 2.0

I think we can do a trick to do not use pixel shader 2.0:

-Make a mask sprite when it goes to next layout, activates horizontal scrolling screen with mask sprite once time.

Do you know what i mean?

• Look this site Here do you think this code may work with fx file for construct?

The code would work, but wouldn't help much. He is faking a transition, by simply evaluating the grey value of every frame of an already existing transition video (where a transition effect was applied between a black and a white image). So, the hard work (the transition itself) is not coded. All the effect would do in Construct is to look at the red channel of the pixel colors, and if it is below 127 a pixel of the old layout is shown, and if the red channel of a pixel's color is above 127, a pixel of the new layout is shown. The result would be a noisy intermediate, non-transitioning image.

If you find some real transition code (XNA, HLSL) you like to use, just drop me a line, I'll convert it for you.

• > Look this site Here do you think this code may work with fx file for construct?

The code would work, but wouldn't help much. He is faking a transition, by simply evaluating the grey value of every frame of an already existing transition video (where a transition effect was applied between a black and a white image). So, the hard work (the transition itself) is not coded. All the effect would do in Construct is to look at the red channel of the pixel colors, and if it is below 127 a pixel of the old layout is shown, and if the red channel of a pixel's color is above 127, a pixel of the new layout is shown. The result would be a noisy intermediate, non-transitioning image.

If you find some real transition code (XNA, HLSL) you like to use, just drop me a line, I'll convert it for you.

Thanks!

I will find some real codes, it's hard to find transition samples.

• I'd recommend not using transitions. They can introduce some very weird (and game-breaking) bugs. I only discovered this when a really annoying glitch made me remove every other thing from my game until it worked again.

It's better to use sprites to create custom in-game "transitions" if you can.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)