Creating a slot machine

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simulate playing the slot machine wherever and whenever you want without spending anything.
  • Hi everyone!

I'm asking for your help because I'm having some troubles creating a Slot Machine.

I'm actually working on a game where the bonus system is like a Slot Machine, like in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII if you've played it.

I was thinking of creating an animation and let it end on a random frame, each frame related to a private variable.

So when it stops, the right image is on screen and the bonus is added to the character.

But maybe it's too much complex and anyways I didn't found how to do it.

Too more question:

• Is there a way to pause the entire game to play an animation ? Like the game is running, the player press a button, the game pauses and the roulette starts and when it's done, the game resumes.
    • Is there a way to get the source code of a Construct game in Python and import it in an other engine like Ren'Py ?

Thank you in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi everyone!

I'm asking for your help because I'm having some troubles creating a Slot Machine.

There is an example of a slot machine created by ROJOhound using C2.

You can find it in 'Your C2 tests'(on page 2)

---------------------------------------------

Can't help with the other stuff.

Good luck

• The direct link to what chrisbrobs is referring to is HERE.

Here is a (very) rough conversion to CC. Credit is given to R0J0hound for all the code.

Rough Slots

• Thanks for this, it is really helpful!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)