On creating objects with opacity

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Ok, so I have created an object at a image point using the system function. However, when I attempt to change the opacity of said created object at a later time, I have little luck. The flow basically goes as such:

ObjectA overlaps objectB => create objectC at imagepoint 1 on ObjectA

Mouse is over objectA=> set opacity of objectA

Mouse is over objectC=> set opacity of objectC

I have tried this both as it is written here, and with a for each object loop, with no luck in either setting. Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a shame that containers can't be used for this. Anyways, basically what you want to do is to give Object C a value called "attached". When Object C is created, set the "attached" value to the UID of Object A. Then, to pick it when you mouse over Object A, do something like this:

(Both of these are conditions in the same event)

+Mouse is over Object A
    +Object C: Value 'attached' is equal to Object A.UID
         -Object A: Set Opacity to X
         -Object C: Set Opacity to X
    [/code:37l3mwc4]

I hope I explained that clearly enough.
  • Sweet. Thanks much!

• Aren't they removing the UID in future release? As an alternative there is the Pairer Object, which should work for situations like that... or so I am informed. When you create object C, pair it to the object A and pronto.

• Yeah pairer should be used for that situation...except i found a bug in it...once the bug is fixed I will release an example...but first I must finish watching Chobits

• We won't remove UID, but its use should be limited once the Pairer object is fully up and running.

• ...but first I must finish watching Chobits

Chobits was good but Love Hina was better.

• ...but first I must finish watching Chobits

Animes? Ugh, David...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)