crash to desktop

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • This strange bug has happened to me several times now: While working in an event sheet, all icons will suddenly turn into empty white boxes, and after a little while buttons start disappearing (like the buttons that let you switch between the layot editor and the event sheet editor) and Construct becomes unresponsive. One or more windows pop up and say "An invalid argument was encountered." Shortly afterwards the program will crash to desktop.

If I reopen the cap it will seem fine (even if I saved as my buttons were dissapearing). I can do some more work for like 5 minutes and then the bug will happen again.

Is this a problem with my .cap or with something else?

I can handle the truth, I have plenty of backups

• We fixed a GDI leak in the event sheet editor for the next build, so I think this should be fixed for 0.93. Let us know if you see it again after the next release!

• That sounds like good news! )

Does this affect the .cap in any way though?

• You'll lose unsaved changes when it crashes - apart from that, hopefully your .cap should be fine - can't say for certain. Always a good idea to keep backups while Construct is in beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This used to happen to me in 0.91, but it's gone for me now. As far as I can tell it does nothing harmful to the .cap, just save, close Construct and restart it when it starts happening.

• This used to happen to me in 0.91, but it's gone for me now. As far as I can tell it does nothing harmful to the .cap, just save, close Construct and restart it when it starts happening.

That's good news:) Thanks guys

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)