Is this a bug? Scrolling the screen and resizing a sprite.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Save hours of work by resizing items on your game screens.
  • In my little pause menu, I have a cursor that's ALWAYS resized to the text of the option it's highlighting. The problem is, if I try scrolling on this pause menu at all, it screws up the resizing of the cursor object for some reason. I have no idea why this is happening. I hope my explanation will suffice, since if you saw the .cap, you probably would get easily lost in my mess of stuff. ^^;

• Well, just to give people an idea of what's wrong, here's the .cap:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dy2yzzmi4fo

For starters, just run it, pause the game, and press "E". This was to help me test how well scrolling the pause menu would work, since I NEED this to help me have more space to work with. Unfortunately, it glitches the cursor up. Why, I have no idea. All that's going on is scrolling, and the cursor is being ALWAYS resized to whatever option it's hovering over. All we're doing is moving the "camera" so to speak, so why this screws up, I have no idea. Is there a glitch in Construct between resizing a sprite and scrolling the screen?

As for where I have that resizing cursor thing done, it's under "Pause Menu Events", and "Resizing The Cursor".

• I would love to try and check this out now, but its like 3:25am and my brain will not handle anything hard right now lol.

I'll take a look in the morning though if nobody else is able to help you.

All I can think of though, without looking at it directly, is instead of having "always" try "once while true"+"overlapping object (menu-item)"

That may work better I don't know.

Like I said, will check in morning and see how it's going.

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks. ^^ I doubt anyone will. No offense to Construct or the community itself, but it's pretty obvious it's a SMALL community, and as a result, the boards are gonna be pretty dead. ^_^;; Any help at all would be appreciated. I'd try that idea of yours out, but my laptop has been failing pretty big today, so priority one for now is backing up my files. ;_;

• Thanks. ^^ I doubt anyone will. No offense to Construct or the community itself, but it's pretty obvious it's a SMALL community, and as a result, the boards are gonna be pretty dead. ^_^;; Any help at all would be appreciated. I'd try that idea of yours out, but my laptop has been failing pretty big today, so priority one for now is backing up my files. ;_;

Actually you will find it's quite the opposite. MOST problems get checked out at some stage or another, and we are pretty active given the small amount of members.

Anyway, I'll check it out now and see if I can figure out what's wrong here.

~Sol

• OK so, I tried to take a look at this... but there are SO MANY event sheets with so much stuff in each one, I have virtually no hope in finding the event(s) causing the problem.

If you can either narrow it down for me a bit by pointing me in the right direction, or make a small cap with just the problem you are having, I will see what I can do. Until then, this is going to be impossible to figure out for someone who wasn't building/working on the game engine.

~Sol

• Well, I told you where the event for resizing the cursor was done, figured that was all you were asking for. ^^ But as requested, I did this on a new .cap.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kqmtotrjtoy

Works the exact same there. Same old glitch and all. You can only use this .cap in 98.9 since the newer versions like 99.42 cannot detect text width and height for some reason.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)