Animations

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Is there a way to stop animations "locking up", I have most of the animations set to 'looping' but for my 'ducking' animation I have no looping and it stays on frame 4 once it ends.

Once I've pressed down it will duck, but then when I hold down right to play my 'running' animation it will not play. So it prevents all the animations from playing.

I've tried placing the "play animation" action in various places in my events, but there will always be some 'locking up' glitch after I've played the ducking animation.

Anyway to work around this?

• If you could post a .cap, I'm sure it'd get fixed quicker.

Or, if you don't want to post it, you can e-mail it to one of us.

• Try "Set animation frame to 1" before playing your animation, in conjunction with "Trigger once while true" in the condition that changes animations.

I'm 99.5% sure that's the problem.

If you manually reset the frame you insure that it always starts properly, and if you use Trigger Once, you insure that you're not saying "Play animation" over and over again. Both can cause your animations to mess up.

• Rich I sent you a PM (I hope PMs work)

And Deadeye sorry but that didn't help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Rich I sent you a PM (I hope PMs work)

And Deadeye sorry but that didn't help

Hmm. I'm still inclined to think that's the problem, because this animation stopping problem is pretty common. It would help to see what it is you're trying to do, but hopefully Rich will be able to sort it out for you.

• I guess I can give it to you to! n_n

• Yep, it was exactly as I suspected. Check your PM's, I sent the fix back to you.

The reason this is happening is because your duck animation isn't looped. Once it gets to the end, animations stop. You have to kick them back into gear with "Play animation." And to insure that your animation always starts on the first frame, use "Set animation frame to 1."

And like I said before, the Trigger Once condition will insure that you don't activate the set frame and play animations actions over and over again every cycle.

Nice looking sprite, by the way.

• Thanks for that deadeye

If only it was as simple as MMF's

• Good to see it got fixed Good work deadeye.

• Will this be remain like this forever? Where we have to manually tell the animatino to play, when we didn't even tell it to stop?

• If you don't loop the animation then it stops when it gets to the end. That's how it works.

It makes sense if you think about it.

If you don't want to have to bother with "Play animation" actions, then just check Loop, and set the Repeat To box to the last frame. You're still going to have to Set Frame to 1 if you ever want to play it from the beginning though.

• Yeah you're right. n_n

It does seem like they've done this sensibly .

• I guess I'm just use to MMF's simplicity .

BAD HABITS dont worry happends all the time, like when learning C++ from Pascal.

• Deadeye, you should make a template thing so that people can understand how to use animations?

• I've been thinking about making a series of beginner tutorials, but the problem is I'm so very, very lazy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)