3D Boxes not rendering, but still there?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I use 3D Boxes as in background layers in my game to add depth. Since updating my game to 0.99.3 these boxes have not appeared at all outside of the editors. I enabed 3D layering on their layers, as I discovered I had to-- still nothing for the boxes, though other objects on the same layers displayed. I heard it could be the new renderer's settings which had changed the parameters for Z position and depth on the boxes, but I noticed they had been updated to match with the new system automatically. Confused, I placed a brand new 3D Box on a foreground layer, next to my player. It didn't appear at all when I ran the game! However, after a few runs, I noticed that it appeared for a very split second when the layout started, but then was gone in the blink of an eye. According to the debugger, though, it was still there. I could even move it around by messing with the values... it just wouldn't show.

And it gets weirder. I was running through the events trying to see if anything was causing it (there isn't even a single event relating to 3D Boxes, but I decided to check anyway) and was disabling random event groups, and I disabled the game's camera control, returning the camera to the top left corner. The boxes reappeared!! But then I started shifting the camera right and they started disappearing one by one. It's like once they got to a certain point they vanished.

I am beyond confused.

I'd post a .cap but I am very concerned about the theft of my potentially commercial project. If you need to see it, get in touch and if you're a trusted fellow around here I may consider giving you a look, though.

• I'd post a .cap but I am very concerned about the theft of my potentially commercial project. If you need to see it, get in touch and if you're a trusted fellow around here I may consider giving you a look, though.

Or you could try recreating the situation in a fresh .cap and posting a bug report.

• I am trust. Give cap now and i not steals it.

but seriously, you can show it to me if you want. Or make a fresh cap, wtv.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 3d box is broken in the 99 series right now, its a known issue. You should make a new cap that generates the error, and post it to the tracker. Or you can go back to the stable 98.9....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)