Network Plugin

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
[C3] Banner ads, Interstitial ads, Rewared video ads, Rewarded Interstitial Ads
  • Bump.....

Is anybody still working on a network plugin? I've been considering trying to make a simple wrapper around a few basic functions in either Enet or Voidcom. Just to start learning plugins and brush up on my C++. Probably not the best plugin to tackle initially.. but heh I will plan on only implementing the basic features (message passing for the most part).

Anybody working on one still?

Why this is happening only in cases concerning the SFML library, I have no idea. Maybe somebody could help me out with this if I were to supply the code?

I think either Enet or Voidcom would be a much better solution for a plugin that using SFML. They take care of alot of the asyncronous event handling for you and also have a nicer event callback interface. Wanna maybe give one of those libraries a shot with me? I'm a plugin noob though so would take some time to get up to speed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This might be too low level, but Boost.Asio might work.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

• I was going to suggest DirectX's DirectPlay, as that would provide a ton of features, including the ability to handle NATs. But it looks like Microsoft killed it...whyyyyyy. :C

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)