XBOX360 Wired Controller

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • I'm looking into acquisitions for my courses from September. Construct is still a strong candidate for me, despite the lack of v1.0 - I think I can convince our techs to install it (even with the big UNSTABLE label). I'm thinking of buying some game controllers to use in lessons, and I need something that will work with a range of games and dev software. The XBOX360 controller seems to rank quite highly, but the wireless version is a bit pricey, so I'm checking out the wired version.

I just have a couple of quick questions for the forum:

Does the XBOX360 Controller plugin work with the wired version as well as wrieless?

Can it recognise more than one controller correctly?

Thanks in advance.

• It works with the wired, that's how I've used it, but I never tried multiple controllers

• Yep, the X360 controller is great and works for multiplayer in Construct.

• Thanks guys.

My manager approves, so next year i'll be running my lessons with some nice controllers and hopefully construct.

• It should be mentioned that the Xbox 360 Controller Plugin has had some problems. Not everyone has experienced them, but they are definitely there. If you do get this problem, you'll notice that something weird starts happening with it. It varies from case to case.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have had no problem with my wired Xbox controller until the last 2? unstable releases.

I am hoping the next release gets it working again.

• It should be mentioned that the Xbox 360 Controller Plugin has had some problems. Not everyone has experienced them, but they are definitely there. If you do get this problem, you'll notice that something weird starts happening with it. It varies from case to case.

I haven't tried Custom Controls plugin on the latest versions, but it had solved several of 360 plugin's bugs. a comprehensive list of the fixed bugs and the plugin itself are available here:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4476

Also, it allows users to set their own button configurations

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)