Some more suggestions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • 1. Consistent alphabetical sorting for all the object selection windows. Right now it's only on the initial window that comes up after clicking new action, as far as I can tell. It would be nice to have that on the windows where you're getting expressions and picking what object to create, for example.

2. Global objects listed in every event sheet object list in the event editor. Objects that have been created in the event sheet's code from other layouts should also be listed. Otherwise, you make an event to create an object, then have to either copy and paste the object to the layout or make then events in another sheet and copy/paste or include them. It would be nice to be able to insert an mousekeyboard object in the first layout, make it global, and not have to copy and paste it to every layout.

3. (Could be an alternative to 2) In the event editor's object lists, select from objects in layout or objects in whole .cap. When selecting an object in 'new action' it shows objects in the layout. When getting an expression, it's every object in the .cap, as is the horizontal selector for 'set postion to another object'. A tab for the layout's or the whole .cap's objects would work well.

• 1. Consistent alphabetical sorting for all the object selection windows.

Agreed. When you have a lot of objects finding the correct one can be a maze, sometimes it even takes a couple of minutes just to find the bloody thing.

(Ignore this if its dumb ) Also would be nice if it was like Sprite002 rather than sprite2 because at the moment if its alphabetically sorted it goes sprite1 sprite10 sprite 11 sprite12 sprite2 which is a little irritating. I know you can rename, but I'm lazy.

2. Global objects listed in every event sheet object list in the event editor.

definately, when you add a global mouse and keyboard object for example, it doesnt show up in all the layouts, meaning you have to add another one. Maybe these could also be split up into sections like normal, global, familys, etc.

(can I add my own? - sorry if hijack just seems pointless to make a new thread)

4. I know I've already posted about this, but the event editor REALLY needs an up to scratch filtering and find/replace ability. As soon as a project's number of events starts getting into the hundreds this just becomes so vital.

5. Would be nice if the mouse and keyboard object had an option to not accept input when the game loses focus, currently it requires some effort to do.

• 2. Global objects listed in every event sheet object list in the event editor.

I agree, this is a good idea. Not only that, but it's a logical idea... one would expect this of an object that's been marked 'global.'

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > 2. Global objects listed in every event sheet object list in the event editor.

>

I agree, this is a good idea. Not only that, but it's a logical idea... one would expect this of an object that's been marked 'global.'

Agree. (Being drunk doesn't affect cognitive response!).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)